Who we are:
Bruce and I began hosting house concerts in mid-2010 in our home in Sunnyvale, California. We are very excited to be a part of the local house concert music scene, and look forward to many more events in the future.
You can expect us to offer a variety of musical performances: touring singer/songwriters, small groups (bluegrass, acoustic, folk), and even some top level professional musicians that live in the Bay Area.
What a house concert is:
It’s an invitation-only concert in someone’s home, presented by a host who does not profit from the event.
Also, house concerts are usually…
• held indoors and on weekends
• attended by 30-70 people
• paid for by a donation per guest (all the donations go to the performer)
• known to include light snacks, beverages or a potluck dinner
• attended by the host’s friends, neighbors, co-workers, community members, and maybe a few fans of the artist
• attended by all age groups
• performed by solo, duos and small groups
• performed with little to no amplification
• very intimate - the audiences sit close and are attentive
• performed in 2, hour long sets with a 30 minute break
• stronger for artist’s merchandise sales than traditional venues
• booked with and without a financial guarantees (can vary by host and by artist)
• known to house and feed the artist for the night
Although house concerts will adhere to most of these traditions, you may not find any house concerts that run exactly according to the list above. Each house concert is a collaboration between an artist, a host/presenter, and their friends and supporters.